Southern Truck Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Trucks Of The O' So Dirty South

+3
Hogg
static_fronti
L0W5T3N
7 posters

To mod Headlights or not to mod Headlights, that is the question.

L0W5T3N
    L0W5T3N

To mod Headlights or not to mod Headlights, that is the question. Empty To mod Headlights or not to mod Headlights, that is the question.

Post by L0W5T3N Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:39 am

I have a 93 s10 with the ole stock headlights. (the Square ones) I was thinking of either getting the H.I.D. Lights still square or going to the old school round headlights. Whats your opinions on the switch?
    static_fronti
    static_fronti

To mod Headlights or not to mod Headlights, that is the question. Empty Re: To mod Headlights or not to mod Headlights, that is the question.

Post by static_fronti Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 pm

round with hids
    Hogg
    Hogg

To mod Headlights or not to mod Headlights, that is the question. Empty Re: To mod Headlights or not to mod Headlights, that is the question.

Post by Hogg Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:23 pm

If you can make the round look good go for it. Just don't do the square projector wanna bes lol.
    static_fronti
    static_fronti

Post by static_fronti Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:47 pm

can you find cups for them? or will we have to custom make them? i know you can do a c10 front swap then you dont have to customize much. haha
    L0W5T3N
    L0W5T3N

Post by L0W5T3N Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:35 pm

its actually a really easy mod, and no i would not get the projector headlights. they are ugly as hell and all the work iv done to my truck it would look like shit with plastic looking cheap ass projector japanesse shit. ahhh Mad
    dragkota
    dragkota
    Admin

Post by dragkota Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:38 pm

do it!
    Hogg
    Hogg

Post by Hogg Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:19 pm

L0W5T3N wrote:its actually a really easy mod, and no i would not get the projector headlights. they are ugly as hell and all the work iv done to my truck it would look like shit with plastic looking cheap ass projector japanesse shit. ahhh Mad

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I hate those things and I find it funny when you see some truck with an epic amount of time, work, and/or money in them and then have the cheapest headlights or sport mirrors from ebay. Not knocking ALL of ebay stuff, but some lol
    Hogg
    Hogg

Post by Hogg Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:23 pm

Or grille!
    L0W5T3N
    L0W5T3N

Post by L0W5T3N Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:02 am

well i dont think anything on my truck is from ebay. i have a custom grill also. xentec hid's off ebay are good.
    Hogg
    Hogg

Post by Hogg Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Yeah I wasn't knocking everything from there. I actually have the diamond cut clear headlights on my truck off ebay. They aren't the cheap messed up looking things. Had them a couple years and no problems. I HAD the ebay sport mirrors but they were crap.
    fatnlowtahoe504
    fatnlowtahoe504

Post by fatnlowtahoe504 Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:54 am

HID with new square ones to look fresh..
    L0W5T3N
    L0W5T3N

Post by L0W5T3N Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:28 pm

to late i ordered the rounds last week but nothing is forever so if i dont like the rounds ill mod back to the squares
    L0W5T3N
    L0W5T3N

Post by L0W5T3N Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:07 am

Heres the mock up of the headlights and rims and the body line and blinkers and bumper shaved.....To mod Headlights or not to mod Headlights, that is the question. Mock_u10
    dragkota
    dragkota
    Admin

Post by dragkota Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:15 am

hell yeah frog eyes!
    jcjcsoccerkid
    jcjcsoccerkid

Post by jcjcsoccerkid Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:46 pm

don't talk shit on japan cuz, nissan still reigns supreme so don't forget that...with that being said i agree with you on those projectors being shit

i say hids in the square ones. square truck, square headlights
    DMAC
    DMAC
    Admin

Post by DMAC Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Touche' I'm with you on that one.
    L0W5T3N
    L0W5T3N

Post by L0W5T3N Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:05 am

actually the older model c10s and such have round headlights and square bodies. so shut your mouth, its done, there going in next week.
    jcjcsoccerkid
    jcjcsoccerkid

Post by jcjcsoccerkid Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:05 pm

i wasn't saying that square trucks have never in the history of automobiles had round lights. i was saying i think square lights match a square truck
    L0W5T3N
    L0W5T3N

Post by L0W5T3N Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:04 pm

IYO yeah it makes cents.lol but you also have to relize that im in the process of shaving the body line and that gives the rough square look a more smooth out rounded look. think about it. o and im shaving the corner lights and fabbing up a phanton grill.
    jcjcsoccerkid
    jcjcsoccerkid

Post by jcjcsoccerkid Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 pm

cool can't wait to see that. i need to primer mine soon, do yall paint yalls trucks at mr. brads house?
    L0W5T3N
    L0W5T3N

Post by L0W5T3N Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:14 pm

yezir
    L0W5T3N
    L0W5T3N

Post by L0W5T3N Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:14 pm

you gonna be home about 520
    jcjcsoccerkid
    jcjcsoccerkid

Post by jcjcsoccerkid Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:43 pm

yea im home now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:23 am