Southern Truck Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Trucks Of The O' So Dirty South

+2
L0W5T3N
1LoDakota85
6 posters

A few things i've been working on

1LoDakota85
    1LoDakota85

A few things i've been working on Empty A few things i've been working on

Post by 1LoDakota85 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

So I've been wanting to do this for a while now and finally got motivated to start working on redoing my interior. All the interior pieces are from a parts dakota that I bought after Katrina. The plan for the dash is to smooth it down and mold the passenger airbag piece to the rest of the dash to make it all smooth. I also want to smooth and mold the bottom pieces of the dash such as the glovebox, ash tray, and part under the steering column into a solid piece as well. Once it is finished I will have two pieces for the entire dash, the top piece with the airbag plastic molded into it, and the bottom with everthing molded together.

The plan is to have the entire interior blacked out with some color matched red. The gloss black and red will look great together especially on the dash.

Heres what I started with...
    A few things i've been working on Interior1

And now smoothed down...
    A few things i've been working on Interior2

The smooth and rough compared...
    A few things i've been working on Interior3

The door panel somewhat smoothed down...
    A few things i've been working on Interior4

The top of the dash smoothed down. This sure is alot of work. Anybody want to help?
    A few things i've been working on Interior5

Heres the airbag piece compared to the rest of the dash...
    A few things i've been working on Interior8

Heres the Dodge begging me to hook it up with a clean interior. Who knows when I will actually get it finished though
    A few things i've been working on Interior7
    L0W5T3N
    L0W5T3N

A few things i've been working on Empty Re: A few things i've been working on

Post by L0W5T3N Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:07 pm

looking good, i wanna see the finished product.
    jcjcsoccerkid
    jcjcsoccerkid

Post by jcjcsoccerkid Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:39 pm

nice truck, i like it. i wanna paint my dash butttttt....too much work
    static_fronti
    static_fronti

Post by static_fronti Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:48 pm

Lookin good
    fatnlowtahoe504
    fatnlowtahoe504

Post by fatnlowtahoe504 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:57 pm

yea cant wait to see the finished product
    dragkota
    dragkota
    Admin

Post by dragkota Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:56 pm

i know man its gonna look good and you should come down to picayune one day and hang out
    1LoDakota85
    1LoDakota85

Post by 1LoDakota85 Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Heres a small update. I'm putting all my focus on the dash for now since it is the most time consuming and will require the most work. Once I finish it I will finish everything else afterward.

Here's some updated pics of the dash. I would say I am about 90% through with the first round of sanding. I still have to get an ash tray and sand it down and finish a few edges. Once I do that I will start the molding process with fiberglass.

Heres a side view of it...

A few things i've been working on Interior10

And a bottom view of it. Heres a good view of what I am planning to do. The glove box all the way to the piece under the steering column are going to be molded into one piece. The ash tray and glovebox handle along with everything else will all be one smooth piece.

A few things i've been working on Interior9

Once everything is molded I am going to start the priming and blocking process. I'll probably prime it and block it out at least three times to get everything perfect. Im going to get it as near perfect as I can to really show the kind of work that I can do.

Last edited by 1LoDakota85 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    1LoDakota85
    1LoDakota85

Post by 1LoDakota85 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:07 pm

Heres a quick mold job i did in paint to kinda show what i'm talking about

A few things i've been working on Moldeddash
    static_fronti
    static_fronti

Post by static_fronti Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Gonna look good

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm