Southern Truck Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Trucks Of The O' So Dirty South

+3
dragkota
static_fronti
NissanXEPilot
7 posters

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction

NissanXEPilot
    NissanXEPilot

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Empty NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction

Post by NissanXEPilot Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:12 pm

This is my 1995 Nissan Hardbody, I got it use from my father after getting shafted by my 2nd Ex-Wife. It was the family farm truck and was beat up with some neglect to the engine. Here is he original build up page

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction HB_09_0027

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction 2008_1011under_destruction0002
    NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction 2008_1011under_destruction0021
    NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction 2008_1011under_destruction0022

Currently I have my dash out and fiberglassing a 3 guage holders into it. The weather has hanpered my efforts so far, it's either been raining or snowing. Work at Nissan has been demanding too, I've been working quite a bit of overtime. here's the dash build shots I have so far.
    NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_gutted
    Dash is out and all the ugly underneath is showing, amazing how much dust builds up under the dash.

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash1
    One pristine dash ready to go undeder the knife

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_concept
    Here's a general idea of what I have in mind. I'll be adding a A/F guage, and moving the oil pressure and voltmeter guages from the A-Pillar to this location and doing away completely with the A-Pillar pod.
    NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_freshcuts_2
    Used a dremel tool to make my cuts

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_mockup_1
    2" PVC pipe is being use to hold the guages, the guages will with just a bit of play, a small strip of electrical tape will solve that problem and snug them up nicely.

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_fleeced
    fleece layed down and staple into place and ready for the fiberglass resin to be applied.

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_glassed_injected_3
    Here's the first 2 layers of fiberglass resin, and injection points I made to inject expanding foam in the cavitys where the guages mount. This will allows for some structure underneath, and hopefully reduce cracking and maybe even some sound dampening.

----------------

Here's progress on my dash. It's not complete, I put everything back in so I could drive the truck to Showfest '10. I got some great ideas and some advice so I plan on pulling everything out and finsihing it this week while I'm off from work. Wink

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_5-31-10
    -----------

The dash is actually out again, bu I've run out of room to work because my brother has a fiberglass project going on, along with 3 sets of wheels stacked on the floor taking up precious real estate right now.
    static_fronti
    static_fronti

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Empty Re: NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction

Post by static_fronti Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Nice ride bro. Dash is lookin good
    dragkota
    dragkota
    Admin

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Empty Re: NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction

Post by dragkota Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:45 am

i like the box
    DMAC
    DMAC
    Admin

Post by DMAC Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Did you build the box?
    jcjcsoccerkid
    jcjcsoccerkid

Post by jcjcsoccerkid Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:00 am

lookin good mike.

wheels in the way you say?? what lug pattern are they Very Happy
    NissanXEPilot
    NissanXEPilot

Post by NissanXEPilot Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Yeah, I built the box, I'm probbaly gonna scrap it too. WHile it looks good it really dont sound that great, I could port it from underneath but now that I have the Sentra to cart the kids in I can put that space to use for a larger box.

The wheels are from an Infinity QX56, I had to bore them out to clear the hubs.
    Here's the How-to video I did if you wanna check it out.

jcjcsoccerkid
    jcjcsoccerkid

Post by jcjcsoccerkid Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:25 pm

yea i know i was talkin about the other wheels that you said were in your way
    john
    john

Post by john Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:01 am

NissanXEPilot wrote:This is my 1995 Nissan Hardbody, I got it use from my father after getting shafted by my 2nd Ex-Wife. It was the family farm truck and was beat up with some neglect to the engine. Here is he original build up page

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction HB_09_0027

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction 2008_1011under_destruction0002
    NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction 2008_1011under_destruction0021
    NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction 2008_1011under_destruction0022

Currently I have my dash out and fiberglassing a 3 guage holders into it. The weather has hanpered my efforts so far, it's either been raining or snowing. Work at Nissan has been demanding too, I've been working quite a bit of overtime. here's the dash build shots I have so far.
    NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_gutted
    Dash is out and all the ugly underneath is showing, amazing how much dust builds up under the dash.

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash1
    One pristine dash ready to go undeder the knife

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_concept
    Here's a general idea of what I have in mind. I'll be adding a A/F guage, and moving the oil pressure and voltmeter guages from the A-Pillar to this location and doing away completely with the A-Pillar pod.
    NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_freshcuts_2
    Used a dremel tool to make my cuts

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_mockup_1
    2" PVC pipe is being use to hold the guages, the guages will with just a bit of play, a small strip of electrical tape will solve that problem and snug them up nicely.

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_fleeced
    fleece layed down and staple into place and ready for the fiberglass resin to be applied.

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_glassed_injected_3
    Here's the first 2 layers of fiberglass resin, and injection points I made to inject expanding foam in the cavitys where the guages mount. This will allows for some structure underneath, and hopefully reduce cracking and maybe even some sound dampening.

----------------

Here's progress on my dash. It's not complete, I put everything back in so I could drive the truck to Showfest '10. I got some great ideas and some advice so I plan on pulling everything out and finsihing it this week while I'm off from work. Wink

NissanXEPilot - BabyRuth - Under Destruction Dash_5-31-10
    -----------

The dash is actually out again, bu I've run out of room to work because my brother has a fiberglass project going on, along with 3 sets of wheels stacked on the floor taking up precious real estate right now.

how did u cut the holes out for the gages im lookin to fiber glass my dash and what all did u use if u can help me out thanks
    static_fronti
    static_fronti

Post by static_fronti Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:21 am

I believe he used a dremel but you could prob use a jigsaw just as well
    NissanXEPilot
    NissanXEPilot

Post by NissanXEPilot Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:18 pm

how did u cut the holes out for the gages im lookin to fiber glass my dash and what all did u use if u can help me out thanks

Yeah, I used a dremil and basic cutting bit. The dash is plastic, so it's important to use a new, corse bit for cutting wood, plastic and light metal. A dull bit will do more melting that cutting.

This is my first attempt at fiberglassing a dash, and while this is fun, im seriously concidering trying again. Thank God for Pull-A-Part. LOL
    dragkota
    dragkota
    Admin

Post by dragkota Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:17 pm

it looks good man
    john
    john

Post by john Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:22 pm

well i ment what stuff did he ust like what fabrick and glass
    fatnlowtahoe504
    fatnlowtahoe504

Post by fatnlowtahoe504 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:57 pm

lookin good bud!
    NissanXEPilot
    NissanXEPilot

Post by NissanXEPilot Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:18 pm

I used 1/2 inch MDF for my speaker rings and floating supports. 3 rings were cut, one cut into 1/4 sections (those became the arched ribs at each corner of the box. I used fleece for my mat material and coated the whole deal in fiberglass resin. Sanded everything smooth, bondo'd where it needed it, I then glazed over with another coat of fiberglass resin, sanded smooth then painted with a basecoat of silver and Dupont Bubble Gum & Candy Blue mix

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am